Menards Home Improvement Topics: Landscaping Ideas
LANSING, Michigan – Landscaping around a home or other building has become an art, especially given the wide variety of materials and materials available in the market. Landscaping around sidewalks, lawns, trees, shrubs, gardens, flower beds, and more creates value and gives residents healthy breath, good looks, and natural beauty. Below are a few ideas.
- Use hardscape materials like stones, fences and walls to add interest to your garden and give each room its own identity. Add lighting to upgrade it at night.
- A cheap landscaping idea that makes a great visual impact is to use paving stones and ground cover. If you have unused soil in your garden or bare soil that you want to cover, paving clinker or mulch are great options.
- Create swaths of color by growing large clusters of the same color, shape, or variety of plants throughout your landscape.
- Combine contrasting colors like burgundy or yellow and both will be richer, brighter and more effective than when used alone.
- Add a range of interest by incorporating a variety of plants and hardscape materials for eye-catching contrast.
- Use geometry with lines, shapes, angles, and curves with plants or a sidewalk to create drama and impact.
- Place garden beds on your lawn or on the edge of a wooded area. Make them extra effective by adding height to the center. If you can add a walkway around the planting to see what’s hiding behind it, you get a bit of a mystery.
- Add large, colorful containers to add a bright splash with or without plants. You can move them to highlight different parts of your garden, and it’s easy to swap out containers to liven up a tired look.
- Break the monotony with boldly sculpted plants of various sizes and shapes, including a few tall, upright plants to draw your gaze upward.
- Use different shades of green to add depth to your plantings. Light chartreuse greens catch the eye and stand out especially when compared to the darker, richer tones of evergreens. Blue-green tones add softness and also go well with other shades.
Would you like to see more local news? Visit the FOX47News website.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters sent to your inbox via email.
Choose from these options: Breaking News, Storms, School Closures, Daily Headlines, and Daily Forecasts.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook