Professional Installations of Landscaping Products to Outpace DIY Market Through 2025
CLEVELAND, August 3, 2021 / PRNewswire / – A new analysis by the Freedonia Group predicts that demand for landscaping products will grow 2.6% annually through 2025 $ 10.7 billion. Key trends that are helping the growth in landscaping product sales have intensified as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- major investments in outdoor living areas that can provide a comfortable and safe alternative to crowded public spaces and indoor gatherings
- increased participation in gardening, stimulating sales of landscape products that facilitate this activity
- renewed short-term interest in DIY projects as the pandemic allowed more consumers to spend time and money on home improvement projects
While some of these trends are expected to continue to grow in popularity, others are set to ease the post-pandemic. For example, professionally installed products are expected to outperform those installed by consumers by 2025 as more people resume activities outside the home.
Building contractors see post-pandemic leap in home renovation contracts
Demand for landscaping products sold in professional markets is expected to grow 3.6% annually through 2025, driven by:
- healthy economic prospects that provide consumers with more freely disposable dollars to invest in ever larger landscaping projects
- Resumption of the DIFM movement temporarily reversed by DIY trends during the pandemic
- solid growth in hardscaping and lighting sales as these products are more likely to be installed by professionals than other landscaping products
Consumer interest in creating increasingly lavish outdoor living spaces that require professional know-how will support progress.
However, further increases will be from continued interest in DIY activities in the US and the large number of landscaping products that are easy to install (e.g., water features and lighting).
Would you like to learn more?
Analysis of landscaping products The United States Landscaping Products Market by Product, Market, End User (Professional and Consumer / Do-it-Yourself), and US Region.
- Hardscaping products (concrete paving stones, slabs and planks; lumber and wood-plastic composites; blocks; ready-mixed concrete; stone tiles, panels and veneers; bricks; aggregates; other hardscaping products such as boulders and porcelain)
- Outdoor facilities (sheds; hobby greenhouses; pavilions and pavilions; arches, arbors, trellises and pergolas; bridges and other outdoor facilities)
- Decoration products for landscaping (water features, lawn decorations, statues, other outdoor decorations)
- Pots, planters and raised beds (plastic, ceramic, other materials)
- Landscape lighting (solar powered, low voltage, line voltage and other lighting)
- Bird and wildlife products (feed, houses, bird baths, and other products)
- other landscaping products including heating products, artificial turf, and fabrics and accessories
Demand is also broken down by market including new, renovation and repair applications:
- Recreation and infrastructure (e.g. parks, golf courses, playgrounds, streets)
About the Freedonia Group – The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is the leading international industrial research company providing our customers with product analysis, market forecasts, industry trends and market share information. From one-person consulting firms to global corporations, our analysts provide companies with unbiased, reliable market research and analysis to help them make critical business decisions. With over 100 studies published annually, we support over 90% of the industrial Fortune 500 companies. Find standard studies at https://www.freedoniagroup.com/ or contact us for custom research: +1 440.842.2400.
SOURCE The Freedonia Group